Search This Blog

Pageviews past week

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Pittsburgh's Goin' to the Superbowl!

Most Pittsburgh Steeler fans know that you are BORN a Steelers fan.  I was born a Steelers fan and I am raising my children to be Steelers fans.  My affinity for the Steelers comes from my Papa.  He's one of the lucky ones at the Superbowl today!

Thanks, Papa, for creating this legacy for us.  Forever in my heart, the Pittsburgh Steelers will be synonymous with Papa.  We love you!

Erik and Walker at their first Steelers game in 2004.


Walker gets his first Steelers Jersey in 2005.

 I said the day of the playoff game that if the Steelers won, we'd have a Superbowl birthday party for Walker.  They won, we had the party and the Steelers won the Superbowl.

Maggie May in her first Steelers cheerleader uniform.

Our dear friends, Steph and Jeff.  They were moving to Illinois in a few weeks and as a goodbye gift, Steph and I were in cahoots and I managed to score tickets to the game from my Papa.  One of the reasons we got tickets was because the game an 8:00 start on a weeknight AND the temperature was forecasted to be in the teens.  It was freezing cold and it was AWESOME!


Erik and I at that freezing Steelers game!

The first four Steeler grandchildren - me and my sisters.  (Sorry, I couldn't get it flipped).

Walker, Maggie & Will cheering on the Steelers in 2008.




Papa and his great niece in Tampa, where they live, on a little visit prior to him going to the Superbowl.
 Papa, my Uncle Mike (right) and Ron and his daughter and son in Tampa.  Ron is the son of my Grammie (Papa's wife) brother, and they had a nice little visit before Mike & Papa got to go to the Superbowl.


Our little hometown newspaper even did a story on him:


So did a local television station:


We held our second Superbowl Party to cheer on the Steelers and Woo-hoo, we won the one for the thumb!

Will wasn't too excited about the noise : )

Some of the kids in attendance.



 Erik and I got to go to the season opener last year - what an amazing experience.  The entrance:
 The Jumbotron showing live feed of the Tim McGraw and Black Eyed Peas concert going on at Point State Park.



Heinz Field from the Clipper shuttle on the river.
 Just over a year ago, we did a Steelers portrait of all the grandkids in their Steelers gear.
Livy Lu getting her picture taken.


















Papa with all grandkids and great grandkids.  In all, Papa can lay claim being the cause of 4 children, 12 grandchildren and 6 (and one on the way) great-grandchildren becoming fans of the Pittsburgh Steelers.

We're hosting our third Steelers Superbowl Party in just a few minutes hoping that, like the playoff beard, hosting a party once again will lead to another Steelers SUPERBOWL VICTORY!


Willie predicts several TOUCHDOWNS!

Walker shows the fierceness of the defense!

Maggie cheers, V-I-C-T-O-R-Y That's the Steelers Battle CRY!
And Whitaker is taking a nap in preparation for the long game.

Here we go, Steelers, Here we go!  PITTSBURGH'S GONNA WIN THE SUPERBOWL!

No comments:

Post a Comment