Search This Blog

Pageviews past week

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Maggie

Every night I am surprised yet comforted by the lack of ritual that has become a ritual in our home at bedtime.  Will is typically tired around 8:00 - yet if you ask him if he is ready to get his blanky, his answer is "Uh uh."  No.  But we walk upstairs, he lays on his changing table and I pull out a fleece footie pajama and he giggles in excitement over the thought of putting his PJ's on.  It is absolutely adorable.  He then usually puts up a small fuss as I start singing "Where is blanky, where is blanky, in your crib, in your crib . . ." to the tune of Friar Jaques (spelling?).  He sees the blanky and giggles again, grabbing it and stuffing his face into it as if he has to breath in the scent to recognize it as his own.  

Maggie and Walker have no real rituals either except we do read books occassionally - although that is typically a daytime thing - and we brush teeth and put on our PJ's.  Inevitably, whether I put them to bed, or Erik does, I always kiss them good night.  Everytime I kiss her, she rubs her lips together and asks me, "You wearin' lipsick, Momma?"  To which I have to reply, "yes" or else she will ask me over and over until I say yes, because apparently I wear lipstick so much she feels I must be lying to her if I don't say I am wearing lipstick at bedtime.  I do wear Vaseline to bed, so that must be where she gets it.  

Walker usually climbs in bed and will start pointing at his CD player.  When you playfully ask, "What?" he says, "Shremember, put on my music."  I didn't misspell "remember" - Walker adds the "sh" to the word every time he says it.  Cracks me up.  He also says, "I sorgot" (forgot).  It is cute and something I cling to as "babyish" as he approaches age 5.

Just a side note about today - Walker wore his full cowboy get up today and as he sauntered into school, several mothers and his teacher commented on how good he looked.  Erik said he gave them all a look like, "I know I look good.  What else do you expect?"  Erik said it was really funny.  Knowing Walker, I know the look he gave them and I'm sure it was funny .  


No comments:

Post a Comment