Search This Blog

Pageviews past week

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Beautiful days

These September days have been so beautiful.  I'm having my friend, Courtney, come out w/ her family on Thursday to take our family portrait and I thought I'd kill two birds with one stone yesterday by taking the children on a hike as well as scout out some locations in the woods for our portrait.  I wanted the woods because in the late afternoon, the sun filters through our woods so beautifully I want to capture that in a photo.  So, I put Will in the back pack and we went hiking.  Sort of.  

I went hiking, then I would hike back and unstick Maggie from a jagger bush.  Then I would stop and take some test shots - I would set the children in spots and ask them to pose for me for test shots.  The results:
I don't know what the deal is with Maggie and the shirt.  She kept pulling it up.  

I thought this one was cool with the way the sun glare created the rainbows.

Walker and that stick.  He needed a walking stick - except he kept holding it horizontally and sticking it in my stomach!  Maybe this is his, "You touch my sister, I'll kill you" look.Not sure how I feel about these test shots. 

But, I did take some lovely ones w/ o the children.

This one is my favorite - the way the lens captured the rays of light filtering through the trees.  Lovely!



1 comment:

  1. Jen, I can't wait to see your finished product. I think you have such a great sense of style...it will be beautiful no matter what you call it@
    mr

    ReplyDelete