Search This Blog

Pageviews past week

Saturday, August 9, 2008

: ( The farm show is over : (

Well, we must say goodbye to another farm show.

I foresee this week being the week the children will identify as the marker of summer being over. I feel that way all ready - especially since the weather has been so cool this week and down right cold at night. We're having late September weather - this is not August weather.

I think I am going to be one of those mothers who does not want her kids to go back to school. Maybe it is my own selfish nature in that I really like having the freedom to do what I want whenever I want to without having to answer to a school schedule. But, I also like what the schedule of school does for us. It's a catch 22, right?

We had a great week at the farm show - I didn't have to go every night (yay!) and the children got to show the goats. Erik & Walker made tons of contacts in the goat tent and they all had a blast looking at the animals, riding rides on Friday, and of course, eating yummy food all week.

Erik took Walker & Maggie tonight for the last night and the big-rig truck pulls. Little Maggie May was excited to go. She asked me all day, "Daddy take me to truck pulls?" She was very worried he would not be back to pick her up. But they went, and judging by the time now, I'm guessing Erik just decided to gather up the goats and all our paraphernalia tonight instead of trying to get back up there tomorrow. I'm sure Walkie and Maggie are fast asleep in the truck - well, maybe not Walkie - he's probably "helping" everyone tear down their stuff and doing "work." I hope his work ethic lasts through his life - he's one heck of a worker for such a small fella'.

Time is going to go fast here at GGF - the Farm Show is over, we have stuff planned for every weekend now through the end of September. I am trying to plan a day for Walker & I to go "back to school" shopping and all that good stuff. Not that he needs much, I just thought it would be a fun thing to do. He really does love to shop. And his new love is short sleeve button down shirts - like Erik wears to work every day. They are hard to find. Hopefully, I'll find some on clearance now that summer is over and I can stock up for next year.

I don't even want to think about next summer and the fact that my first baby will be 5 in 5 months! Ugh - let's not talk about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment