Search This Blog

Pageviews past week

Friday, May 25, 2012

It's The End of The World As We Know It . .

and I'm not feeling fine.  (90's kids will get the REM reference).


Today is the last daw we will have a one year old in the house and I am feeling very sentimental.  Mothering babies has been so much a part of my life for the last eight years.  I am truly sad to say goodbye to that stage of life.  We were blessed with absolutely joyful and easy tempered babies so there were never any stressful moments. No mama-drama stories of pregnancy, labor, birth, or early infancy.  My babies slept through the night relatively quickly and were good sleepers ever since.  I loved everything about being a Momma to babies and I miss those moments of infancy that are so unique.  Making faces at a baby and watching them try to imitate you, all the tiny baby clothes and especially the smell.  That smell gets me every time!


It's not that I don't look forward to and enjoy the toddler stage and the new adventures the children growing older brings to our lives- it's just that babydom is so easy.  You can protect them from so much more when they are babies.  Drawing them to you in a hug makes everything better.  As they grow, they will encounter more and more situations where hugs and kisses won't make everything better and while I know that going through some of the typical tween and teen drama is necessary to form the adults I want them to be, I want to spare them any pain we can and that gets harder the older they get.  


I just want them to know that when I look at them I will always see this...


Walker


Maggie


Willie

Whitaker



and that it has been my honor to be their Momma.  



No comments:

Post a Comment