Search This Blog

Pageviews past week

Monday, May 9, 2011

Al Fresco

We did something tonight that we haven't done in a long time.

It was a little bit risky.  It was something we used to do all the time.  It didn't involve much clothing.

We even let the kids join us.



We finally got to eat our dinner outside on the deck!

No long sleeves, not coats, not hats, mittens or snow pants.  Boots were still involved, but boots are a staple of our clothing at the farm.  

It was amazing!

It was one of those glorious days where the temperature was perfect, the sunshine was so very welcome, and being outside was truly a joy.  The kids played outside all day, which made me VERY happy because I had forgotten how clean my house can stay when NO ONE IS INSIDE ALL DAY!  Woo-hoo!  I did a few chores with limited interruption, was able to start a few projects as well as enjoy a little time outside.  Hooray!

I could really get used to this.

The only drawback of the day?  An annoying woodpecker pecking the side of our house waking us up early!   As Maggie said, "Yeah, that woodpecker kept me up ALL morning!"  He sure did make sleeping difficult, and I am afraid he may have done some damage to our  lovely exterior.  Obviously, he couldn't damage the look of the house, but I do think he managed to put a good hole in the insulbrick.    Of course, it had to be on the side of the house where reaching the 2nd floor  is all but impossible without some sort of bucket truck.  I have a feeling he'll be visiting us again tomorrow morning and then my day will include a trip to Agway to see if I can buy one of those silly plastic owls to hang out of Maggie's window in the hopes of scaring the woodpecker away.  The frustrating part is that it's not like we aren't surrounded with 20 acres of woods, some of which we specifically avoided timbering so that we could provide an ecosystem for the variety of animals already in residence on our property.  We have on tree in particular that we've seen many redheaded woodpeckers utilize but not this guy.  

It looks like tomorrow will shape up to be very similar to today.  I can't wait.  I'm hoping Erik will have time to finish this big hole he started to dig in the back yard.  Details regarding the hole to come soon!






No comments:

Post a Comment