Search This Blog

Pageviews past week

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Blue Jeans

Maggie got a copy of Tangled for Easter.  As a result we've been watching the movie on a regular basis on these rainy afternoons when the kids have been restless and normal activities are not occupying their time.

Today, after swimming lessons, while Maggie is eating peanut butter crackers, we have this conversation:

Maggie:  Can I play Barbies in my room after Whitaker wakes up from his nap?


Me:  Sure you can.

Maggie:   Momma.  I need to get thin wire.


Me:  Um, Ok.  Why?


Maggie (in a haughty, you ought to already know tone):  You know!  For blue jeans.


Me:  Wait?  Who's blue jeans.  Why do you need thin wire for blue jeans?


Maggie:  For Rapunzel


Me:  Oh, you mean your horse?  Did you name her Blue Jeans ?  (here I was thinking I was cleverly catching on to her train of thought by remembering that in the Hannah Montana movie, she has a horse named Blue Jeans so I thought Maggie had named her Barbie horse Blue Jeans).  What are you going to do with thin wire and Blue Jeans?


Maggie:   I need Blue Jeans so he can marry Rapunzel


Me:  I still don't understand why you need thin wire!?


Maggie, thoroughly exasperated with me:  Mooooommmmmaaaaa!  Thin Wire is Blue Jeans.  That's hims real name in the movie.  When he's a stealer, he's Thin Wire, when he's gonna marry Rapunzel, he's Blue Jeans.




 Let me introduce to you Flynn Rider also known around our house as Thin Wire.  His real name is Eugene  or around our house he's Blue Jeans.




I'm so thankful I can count on my kids to provide some comic relief to my day.  I wish I could capture in printed word the frustration, irritation and exasperation in Maggie's tone as we were having this discussion.

I'm trying not to think about the fact that in just a few short years, she may be speaking to me in that tone all the time.

In case you were in need of some more clarification about the characters of Tangled and all things Disney:

 the horse in Tangled is named Mass-i-mus.  


Cinderella  has a fairy godmudder because fairy godmudders are good.  


It turns out that Mother Gothel, the woman who steals Rapunzel from her Royal parents, is a Fodder-god-mudder.  Fodder-god-mudders are bad.  


I'm glad we don't have any Fodder-god-mudders around here.  

No comments:

Post a Comment