Search This Blog

Pageviews past week

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Making A List, Checking It Twice . . .

No, I'm not talking about Santa.

I'm talking about me.  Yes, I confess, (because you probably hadn't already guessed) I am a list maker.  My lists even have lists.  Seriously, I have lists with sublists.  My lists look more like the outline to a doctoral thesis with all the bullets, Roman numerals and footnotes!

I've been spending a lot of my time at my computer making lists to prepare for a Christmas Open House.  I've got my household to do lists, food lists, and my to do "wish" items - those things I really want to have done, but probably won't because other items on my lists are a priority.

Another list that is in constant progress is my "gift" list - where I'm tracking items I've thought of buying for people as gifts, crossing off items I've purchased, and the homemade gift list which includes the directions for making the homemade items, the materials list, and to whom the item will be given!

Are you as crazy as me yet??

Tonight, one of the homemade gifts I'm working on is my annual year in review photo slideshow DVD.  Not only am I sorting photos (so thankful for the digital age and the ease of sorting through photos in my folders on the computer) and then searching my itunes database for songs to go with the slideshow.  My song choices usually include songs the children have loved from the radio or church and songs I think will evoke emotion from the viewers.  For instance, I spent a few minutes tonight searching for this song which the kids are singing with the choir at church Sunday.  They had their first practice with the grown up choir today and it really stirred me so this will be the song that ends the slideshow.


The year in review slideshow is one of my favorite projects to do.  I love going back through my photo files to see how much the children have changed and grown.  I also hate seeing how much the children have changed and grown.

This week has been filled with a lot of nostalgia for me.  Remembering what we did last year at this time.  It really is amazing how fast this year went.  

So, a few pics of where we were last year at this time.






Maggie

 Will
 Me and my babies.

 Walker, Taylor, Chet, Maggie, Will






Now back to my lists.

No comments:

Post a Comment