Search This Blog

Pageviews past week

Thursday, September 4, 2008

The Pied Farmer?






Erik put up his portable netting fence at the front of the house yesterday and decided to move this year's kids to the front.  All you have to do to get the kids to move is to shake a feedbucket and they will follow you anywhere.  The only problem was that Maurice, the guard donkey, escaped too and did not want the goats to go with Erik, so he kept interfering with the progress.  In the midst of it all, you will see one of our turkey hatchlings.  She is either Butterball or Honeysuckle - we're not sure which.  Both turkeys are extremely friendly and affectionate.  I almost feel bad we're going to butcher them.  They are so funny wandering around the farm yard.  The best is when Maggie goes out and hollers, "Butterball, Butterball, come here Butterball!"

Oh, and the pictures are grainy because I took them through the window.  Imagine my shock when I open my eyes from my deathbed, I mean sickbed on the couch and see a herd of goats followed by a donkey and a turkey.  I obviously had to get a picture!


No comments:

Post a Comment