Search This Blog

Pageviews past week

Monday, July 21, 2008

Our brave girl




Maggie scared the #$@& out of me Sunday. We were swimming and she decided she wanted to go down the slide. We kept saying, "wait for Daddy, wait for Daddy" and she didn't! Erik was working his way to the water, I was busy finding my camera to capture Maggie's first attempt at the slide, good mother that I am, and then all of a sudden, waiting for Daddy became too much of an inconvenience! She let go of the rail, scooted her butt forward and WHOOSH! she was in the water! Of course I did the typical mom thing, sucked my breath in so hard that the branches on the trees were pulled in my direction, and then yelled - Okay - "screeched" ERIK!!!! He jumped in as Maggie came up sputtering. Thankfully I had the sense of mind to put down the camera and start clapping and yelling "Yay Maggie!! you're such a big girl! You're so brave!" So instead of being afraid, she became proud and said, "more times, Dada." Oh, relief! So, she got back on the slide but this time she wanted me to hold her hand as she went down. So, the only pictures I was able to get was of her at the top of the slide, splash landing in the water, and being held by Daddy after impact. Our brave, brave girl. Oh, and for those of you not impressed - Maggie is only 2 years old! Not even 2 1/2 years old either! Ok, maybe I'm only impressed because I am a chicken and even I won't go down the slide.

No comments:

Post a Comment