Search This Blog

Pageviews past week

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

First day at Nana's

We left Butler today for a visit to my hometown of Curwensville. Erik took Walker & Maggie to work with him again today and then we met up at Walker's favorite restaurant, Pizza Hut, and ate lunch together then loaded up the kids for the 2 hour drive. Maggie fell asleep almost instantly but Walker spent the two hours coloring and asking me every two minutes "are we almost to Nana's?" For some reason I decided to take a different exit this time and as we drove through the mountains near Rockton, the Mountain Laurel was in full bloom. It is just amazing to see - as far as you can see through the forest it is beautiful pink Mountain Laurel. I'd forgotten how plentiful it is here. I wish we could plant it at our place, but I"m sure that since it is a member of the Rhododendron family, it is toxic to our goats. Bummer.

We visited with my mom & sister most of the evening and went to my Uncle David's to jump on the trampoline. Walker loved it and was very daring - Maggie wasn't sure about it and made me sit with her on it while Walker jumped. She kept giggling that forceful giggle of "I think I might like this but I'm also scared and I don't know whether to laugh or cry!"

I got everyone bathed and to bed and just went to check on them and Maggie May is still awake. As proud of the fact we are that Maggie is our best at going to bed, we may have set ourselves up for failure b/c she has a super hard time falling asleep outside of her room.

Hopefully everyone will have a good night's sleep. I know I'm going to need it!

No comments:

Post a Comment